Thanks for joining the Boody movement!
Enjoy ultimate comfort with 10% off your first purchase. Use Code: Discount codes WEL04224$#6START SHOPPING
Boody is an Australian sustainable apparel brand that creates everyday essentials from innovative eco-friendly materials. Our experience in health and wellness and retail, combined with our love of technology, our growth-mindset and passion for the environment has inspired us to build a world-class product and brand that betters your world.
Started in Sydney in 2013, Boody is a rapidly growing brand, available in 22 countries across 4,000 stockists, as well as D2C through multiple Boody domains globally, plus select online marketplaces... and we're just getting started.
We are a diverse, dedicated and passionate team working together in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. We run our business like a family, and in families, there is a level of trust, transparency, and permission not found in most organisations.
Boody is looking for a Garment Technician to join the fast growing and constantly evolving Product team. You will be reporting to the Lead Product Designer, supporting our manufacturing and supply chain activities and ensuring we’re executing and delivering our final product on time for our order dates. You will be responsible for accurately providing specifications of garments and tech packs while ensuring critical path deadlines are met.
- Working with the Design Team in the creation and approval of new silhouettes and fits for underwear and outerwear
- Oversee all design and construction from sampling through to bulk, ensuring high quality products
- Set up size specs and hand over to suppliers in accordance with the critical path timeline
- Create point of measure diagrams for each size spec
- Follow up with suppliers regarding outstanding approvals on prototypes
- Accurately measure garments for fit sessions – protos, size sets, PPS and Shipping Samples
- Communicate with suppliers on resolving issues with prototypes or size sets
- Conduct fit sessions for both men’s and women’s along side the Lead Product Designer, communicating all changes and notes to the suppliers
- Maintain organised sample library and tech packs in Google Drive
- Check and record men’s and women’s fit model measurements
- Provide technical guidance to the Design Team
You will support the design and development of the Boody brand product range working to deliver sustainable everyday basics in line with the brand vision whilst ensuring the brand quality, value, standards and timelines are met. You have an eye for detail, love problem solving and are an excellent communicator who has experience managing multiple deadlines at once.
You have a passion for design and take pride in your work and presentation and never back down from a challenge. You are constantly looking for ways to improve and have a strong work ethic. You’re a team player and support other members of the team from time to time while remaining accountable for your tasks through to completion.
Most importantly, you match our core values, so it is critical that you fit these to a tee (see what we did there?).
- High Spirited: we’re light-hearted, positive and always see the glass as half full. Above all, we strive to make Boody a great place to work.
- Caring: Our intrinsic caring nature means that we are forever looking out for one another, our community and the wider world.
- Driven: We’re motivated to be our best at all times. We take a dynamic, approach to all aspects of our business, always pushing innovation and growth.
- Considered: We are considered and diligent in our approach. We think before we act. We listen.
- 2-4 years experience within a high growth product brand, with preferable exposure to apparel production
- Pattern making experience is essential
- You must have strong technical skills with a focus on product quality, fit and improvements
- Experience working with product development and planning teams
- Ability to work within a fast paced team environment
- A strong work ethic and a willingness to execute duties in the best interests of the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills when dealing with suppliers
- Competent using Excel and Google Drive. Illustrator would be an advantage but not essential
- Demonstrated ability to operate as an effective team member
- Supportive and highly experienced team with a fantastic work culture.
- Work directly with all levels of management with the opportunity to impact the future of our brand in its most exciting growth stage.
- Great office in Darlinghurst, within walking distance to the city and public transport hubs
- We give back to our community - Boody partner with 1% for the Planet to donate 1% of all online revenue to environmental non-profits. We also commit our team's time to help philanthropic causes.
- This role is full time and you are required to work from Boody HQ most days (if you're aligned with our values, you'll love being here).
- We require you to have full residency or a permanent Visa in Australia.
- No agencies please (we have this one covered!)
It looks like you're visiting us from [country]?
Confirm your shipping destination and let your comfort journey begin.