Head of Online
We are looking for an eCommerce gun with 5+ years experience in the field to put a rocket under our online revenue growth. Your daily mission will be to own and iterate our e-commerce channels to drive revenue at every stage of the funnel - acquisition, retention and referral.
At Boody, we create superbly soft, sustainable basics for men, women and babies. Started in Sydney in 2013, our business spans health-focused independent retailers throughout Australia, as well as direct to consumer through boody.com.au, a number of select online marketplaces, and internationally through our distribution partners (we're now up to 10 countries)... and we're just getting started.
About the Role
Boody is a small, dedicated and passionate team working together in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. We run our business like a family, and in families, there is a level of trust, transparency, and permission, not found in most organisations. This is a hands-on role alongside the founding team with room to further thrive and flourish.
We’re looking for someone with direct experience in a similar role so you can hit the ground running and smash revenue targets with proven growth strategies. You’ll need to know your way around Shopify Plus and other best-of-breed platforms and be confident briefing in and working with our creative team to execute on your plans to drive growth.
You’re not starting from scratch. D2C already represents over 50% of our AU revenue and you’ve got a very healthy customer database with very impressive cr, ATV and repeat purchase rates to run with. Now we’re looking to fuel the fire. So if that sweet, sweet Shopify “ka-ching” sound of a new order is what gets your motor running, we need to chat asap.
We’re searching for a generalist, that rare combination of someone who thrives on analysing numbers, mixed with a creative thinker and do-er. Above all, we’re looking for someone passionate about changing the apparel industry for the better. You’ll be getting in on the ground floor of a global opportunity, so it’s critical that you’re excited about growing with us into new opportunities as we scale around the world.
You thrive in a dynamic and agile small business environment, where things change and we’re kept on our toes. You’re comfortable being uncomfortable. You’re data-driven and detail-oriented and enjoy finding solutions to complex problems.
You understand the e-commerce and retail landscape, have a strong passion for what you do and are constantly refining and adding to your toolkit. You have experience creating data-led forecasts and managing budgets, analysing results and driving growth.
Most importantly, you match our core values, so it is critical that you fit these to a tee (see what we did there?). They are:
- High Spirited: we’re light-hearted, positive and always see the glass as half full. Above all, we strive to make Boody a great place to work.
- Caring: Our intrinsic caring nature means that we are forever looking out for one another, our community and the wider world.
- Driven: We’re motivated to be our best at all times. We take a dynamic, approach to all aspects of our business, always pushing innovation and growth.
- Considered: We are considered and diligent in our approach. We think before we act. We listen.
What You'll Do
- Own monthly revenue targets (smash them to have more budget next month)
- Own the customer journey online - update and iterate the website to optimise path to conversion
- Own online conversion - constantly improve CRO via A/B testing
- Own the marketing calendar and emails - plan and concept campaigns and brief in Creative Execution team
- Own email acquisition - landing pages etc
- Own the traffic challenge - strategise and manage excellent external partners in SEO and Paid Search and Social
- Manage product merchandising on-site
- Create and conduct regular performance reporting of both sales and performance marketing channels
- Work with our outsourced dev partners to implement CRO strategies (if you can code yourself, even better!)
- Manage marketplace sales on The Iconic and Amazon AU
- Future opportunity to drive our e-commerce expansion internationally
What You Can Expect:
- Remuneration based on experience plus attractive bonus structure
- Great office in Darlinghurst, within walking distance to the city and public transport hubs + parking included!
- High-spirited, supportive and highly experienced team with a fantastic work culture.
- Work directly with the founders and management team in a role that will directly impact the future of our brand in its most exciting growth stage.
- We give back to our community - Boody partner with 1% for the Planet to donate 1% of all online revenue to environmental non-profits. We also commit our team's time to help philanthropic causes.
The Fine Print
- This role is full time and you are required to work from Boody HQ (if you're aligned with our values, you'll love being here). Please do not apply if seeking remote work.
We require you to have full residency or a permanent Visa in Australia.
No agencies please (we have this one covered!)