Head of Finance and Operations
Newly created opportunity for a Head of Finance and Operations to work as a key member of our Leadership Team to drive the business through a period of significant growth. This is a dynamic role in a fast-moving culture.
This is not your typical financial accounting role, but rather a key strategic position to own finance, forecasting and operations in the business. This includes full responsibility for the P&L, forecasting, accounts, legal, compliance and HR in an innovative business with both local and international operations and many moving parts. This role will require leadership, direction and out-of-the-box initiative.
We’re definitely no longer a startup, but we’re also not large enough to let red tape and office politics get in the way of our expectation of the huge impact every team member can have. We don’t have room for passengers, so if you’re looking for a driven culture of collaboration, growth and real accountability, then we’d love to talk to you.
Boody is an Australian sustainable apparel brand that creates everyday essentials from innovative eco-friendly materials. Our experience in health and wellness and retail, combined with our love of technology, our growth-mindset and passion for the environment has inspired us to build a world-class brand that betters your world.
Started in Sydney in 2013, our business spans over 4,000 health-focused independent retailers across 12 countries, as well as D2C through boody.com.au and select online marketplaces... and we're just getting started.
About the Role
Boody is a small, dedicated and passionate team working together in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. We run our business like a family, and in families, there is a level of trust, transparency, and permission not found in most organisations. This is a hands-on role alongside the founding team, with opportunity to have significant impact on the future of the business.
The Head of Finance & Operations will play a pivotal role within the Leadership team in planning and owning the financial function of the company as well as being accountable for the integral operations that ensure the day to day function and efficiency of the business.
You will provide overall support and proactive involvement in the continuous evaluation of short and long term strategic objectives.
Reporting on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting needs, potential M&A, managing accounts and associated legals.
HR, systems and technology, reporting and analytics. A strong ability to review and assess systems ensuring that they meet the current and future requirements of the business
The role requires someone who is able to quickly establish and maintain strong relationships, within our Leadership team and beyond, to identify needs, solve for opportunities and seek a full range of business recommendations and solutions to strategically enhance the function and performance of Boody.
- Robust planning, budgeting and reporting processes
- Implement revenue and budgeting recognition policies
- Balance sheets and cash flow implementation and analysis
- Monthly Board reports
- Coordination, compilation and analysis as required by management as well as specific operational reporting functions
- Develop and refine finance models for customer projects (CAC, LTV)
- Overseeing all legal documentation
- Forex strategy, Trade Finance
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Facilitate audits, tax
- Reconciliation of largest expense items
- HR (payroll, leave etc)
We’re searching for that rare person that demonstrates integrity, dependability, accuracy, results focus and financial acumen. You’re young and hungry, with an entrepreneurial mindset and ready to take that leap of faith to enable you to have real impact on something you’re passionate about.
You’re a specialist-generalist… someone who thrives with the numbers but has the ability to step out of the data and identify opportunities, communicate them and work with the wider team to execute.
You flourish in a dynamic and agile environment, where things change and you’re kept on your toes. You may have come from the corporate environment, which has taught you the skills and structure you can use to have significantly more impact (and fun). However, you’re hungry and driven and crave an environment with greater challenges and more whitespace opportunity.
You’re data-driven and detail-oriented and enjoy finding solutions to complex problems. You are not only familiar with, but thrive utilising technology to drive efficiency and inform your decision-making. You understand the product and retail landscape, have a strong passion for what you do and are constantly refining and adding to your toolkit to better your skills.
Most importantly, you match our core values, so it is critical that you fit these to a tee (see what we did there?). They are:
- High Spirited: we’re light-hearted, positive and always see the glass as half full. Above all, we strive to make Boody a great place to work.
- Caring: Our intrinsic caring nature means that we are forever looking out for one another, our community and the wider world.
- Driven: We’re motivated to be our best at all times. We take a dynamic, approach to all aspects of our business, always pushing innovation and growth.
- Considered: We are considered and diligent in our approach. We think before we act. We listen.
If you can check these boxes as well as meet the qualification requirements listed below, you should definitely apply for this role.
- Have a growth mindset
- Able to work autonomously
- Positive and inspiring
- Demonstrate grit, and
- Degree qualified in accounting - CA or CPA
- At least 7+ years professional experience in commercially focussed role(s)
- Exposure to budgeting and forecasting principles and processes
- Advanced Excel skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of
- urgency and results orientation
- Proven track record of successful financial management and completion of larger scale projects
What You Can Expect:
- Attractive remuneration package plus ability to share in the upside in the future
- Great office in Darlinghurst, within walking distance to the city and public transport hubs + parking included!
- High-spirited, supportive and highly experienced team with a fantastic work culture.
- Work directly with the founders and management team in a role that will directly impact the future of our brand in its most exciting growth stage.
- We give back to our community and our planet... Boody partner with 1% for the Planet to donate 1% of all online revenue to environmental non-profits. We also commit our team's time to help philanthropic causes.
The Fine Print
- This role is full time and you are required to work from Boody HQ (if you're aligned with our values, you'll love being here). Please do not apply if seeking remote work.
We require you to have full residency or a permanent Visa in Australia.
No agencies please (we have this one covered!)