Wholesale Sales Consultant
We are looking for an aspiring, enthusiastic and energetic natural salesperson - a relationship builder with a passion for health and lifestyle brands and a keen outlook for a career in sales with the opportunity to learn from the ground up in a fast-growth company that really cares. Our chosen candidate will be bright, high-spirited, an articulate communicator and love the thrill of creating an opportunity, solving a challenge and driving a sale. You have at least 2 years of relevant sales experience, ideally in retail.
At Boody, we create superbly soft, sustainable basics for men, women and babies. Started in Sydney in 2013, our business spans health-focused independent retailers throughout Australia, as well as direct to consumer through boody.com.au, a number of select online marketplaces, and internationally through our distribution partners (we're now up to 10 countries)... and we're just getting started.
About the Role
Based in Darlinghurst, this role is an opportunity to develop as a salesperson in a fast-growing, innovative and professional company. You will be exposed to cutting edge systems and learn from colleagues with experience and care.
As the Wholesale Sales Consultant you will be a part of our flagship B2B team, focusing on strengthening sales and nurturing our Australia-wide stockist base. You will be responsible for supporting existing stockists by facilitating orders, solving challenges and creating opportunities. In this role, you will quickly gain relationships with our customers and become an integral piece of our wholesale team, with many opportunities to grow your career and contribute ideas to the improvement of our processes and future growth.
- - Proactively contacting stockists to inform them of new arrivals, sales and promotional offers
- - Utilise, maintain and update data to help inform decisions
- - Assessing and processing Stockist returns and credits, faulties
- - Solving challenges and stockist enquiries
- - Performing administration tasks associated with wholesale orders and enquiries
We’re searching for someone with a drive and true passion for outreach and sales. You love connecting with people and striving towards set goals. You are required to spend time on the phone, building relationships and creating opportunities, and recording these interactions through impeccable administration on our CRM. Our experienced team will teach you the tools and then share with you the keys and map to utilise our systems and processes to achieve results and be a successful Boody ambassador.
You are an articulate communicator with a natural ability to build relationships. You love what you do and believe in practising what you preach, so you live a lifestyle enriched by health and wellness. You’re comfortable with new technology and have an eye for detail, with a strong desire to learn, be challenged and excel in a busy and dynamic sales environment. You have a strong work ethic and are a team player 100% of the time. In addition, you will have skills in:
- - Basic Excel skills
- - Experience in using and maintaining administration and data in CRM, IMS, - E-commerce
- - Exceeding KPI’s
- - Have the ability to build strong, long-term relationships with customers
- - Customer outreach via phone
Most importantly, you match our core values, so it is critical that you fit these to a tee (see what we did there?). You are:
- - High Spirited: we’re light-hearted, positive and always see the glass as half full. Above all, we strive to make Boody a great place to work.
- - Caring: Our intrinsic caring nature means that we are forever looking out for one another, our community and the wider world.
- - Driven: We’re motivated to be our best at all times. We take a dynamic, approach to all aspects of our business, always pushing innovation and growth.
- - Considered: We are considered and diligent in our approach. We think before we act. We listen.
What You'll Do
Reporting into our National Wholesale Management, you will be part of the team responsible for maintaining and growing our wholesale customer base, Australia-wide.
You will be a dedicated resource for outreach and sales calls with a strong focus on existing stockists. Some of our stores do not receive regular physical visits from reps, so you will become their ‘virtual rep’, nurturing them to support Boody business in their stores, whatever it takes. This includes assisting in the sales cycle of a wholesale customer including assessing and processing returns and credits, faulty product returns, and following up on invoices.
Utilising the experience of your colleagues and assisted by technology and data, you will become a primary contact for stores, nurturing them to grow by selling in promotions and encouraging orders. As part of the sales team, you will work through our stockist list and prospect list to grow sales and assist stores to better the experience of customers.
As part of your training, you will also be assigned to maintain the Boody stands and create orders for a handful of stores to visit regularly (close to or on your route home), as a way of gaining on-the-ground experience in the field, knowledge of our product, customers and retail environment. Generally, you come back to us with opportunities based on these visits too!
As time develops your skills and knowledge of the business, you will be trained to assist with reports and analysis, utilising our top-down approach to strategy and growth. At Boody, we use data to drive decisions and you will quickly understand and embrace this information to inform your work.
What You Can Expect:
- - A competitive remuneration package commensurate with experience, circa $50k + super. Note that this is not a commission-based role.
- - Great office in Darlinghurst, just down the street from Hyde Park, within walking distance to the city and public transport hubs + parking included!
- - High-spirited, supportive and highly experienced team with a fantastic work culture.
- - Work directly with the founders and leadership team in a role that will directly impact the future of our brand in our ongoing and exciting growth.
- - We give back to our community - Boody partner with 1% for the Planet to donate 1% of all online revenue to environmental non-profits. We also commit our team's time to help philanthropic causes.
The Fine Print
- - This role is full time and you are required to work from Boody HQ most days (if you're aligned with our values, you'll love being here).
- - We require you to have full residency or a permanent Visa in Australia.
- - No agencies please (we have this one covered!)