Are your undies in desperate need of retirement? Has the waistband gone slack and the fabric sad and limp? If so, it’s time for a new pair.
A recent study showed that 30% of people have their mood affected by uncomfy undies, and it makes sense. If our clothing feels tight, digs in or hurts our body, it can leave us feeling self-conscious and downright irritated.
This Friday the 25th and Saturday 26th of August we're inviting Sydney-siders to drop into Laundrlab Bondi and swap any underwear from any brand for a superior Boody version*.
Don't get your knickers in a knot though, we'll be taking those dusty old undies, washing them, and recycling them with our partner Upparel. So all you have to do is worry about your now-comfy tush. See ya there!
Laundrlab, 192 Bondi Road, Bondi 2026
Friday 25th: 12pm - 8pm
Saturday 26th: 9am - 4pm
*T&Cs apply, limited to 1 trade in per person whilst stock lasts.
The Recycling Process
Did you know, until now, you couldn’t recycle underwear in Australia? Your only option was to throw them out. That’s how 800,000 tons - roughly 10kg a person, go to landfill each year. At Boody, we've worked tirelessly on a solution and our water dissolvable bag is it.
Hygiene was the biggest factor hindering the recycling process. However, this bag was the antidote. It's marine-safe, recyclable, and compostable, dissolving in 30 seconds in water warmer than 70°C. We’re working with eco laundromats to wash your undies, and send them to our recycling partners - Upparel. Here's the process:
1) Items are placed in a water-safe, dissolvable bag.
2) The items are washed in one of Laundrlab's machines
3) The items come out clean, with the bag dissolved. These are then placed in the dryer.
4) These are collected to be distributed to Upparel
5) The garments are sorted at Upparel's facility to be recycled.
6) Generally, these textiles are processed into a super fine fluffy fibre. This material can be used as is to replace virgin polyester fill for cushions and stuffed toys. This fibre can also be compressed to create a material that can be used for packaging, signage, homewares, and more!
- Silky Soft
Organically-grown bamboo is super soft. It feels light and gentle on your skin and gets softer as it's washed
Regulates to you - feel warm on winter days and cool when it's hot. Bamboo fibre is naturally breathable.
- Anti-bacterial & anti-fungal
Bamboo contains an anti-bacterial and anti-fungal bio-agent. This property also makes Boody garments odour-resistant. Bamboo is naturally sweat-wicking & odour-resistant
Particularly suitable for eczema sufferers and those with extra sensitive skin.
- Breathable & moisture-wicking
Bamboo is 3 x more breathable than cotton
So come on, trade your old undies for a brand-new pair from us.
We’ll wash and recycle your old ones!
See you soon Sydney-siders
Laundrlab, 192 Bondi Road, Bondi NSW 2026
Friday 25 August 12pm - 8pm
Saturday 26 August 9am - 4pm