Last Christmas, you gave me your heart (sorry, we couldn't help it). What we meant to say is that last Christmas we teamed up with organic chocolate brand Loving Earth to bring you some sweet deals on Boxing Day.
This year, to save me from tears (again, how could we not!?), we're giving away two Loving Earth chocolate hampers, each worth $250! Anyone who makes a purchase between now and Christmas Eve at midnight AEDT will be automatically entered in for the chance to win! Exciting times.
In the meantime, Loving Earth has treated us once again, this time to a delicious recipe that's perfect for the festive season. Check out the Mint Iced Hot Chocolate recipe below and tell us your mouth's not watering! We can't wait to give this a go over the summer holidays.
- 2 cups of coconut milk and/or almond milk
- 80g of Loving Earth Crunchy Dark mint bar, chopped
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut nectar
- 1/8 tsp. peppermint extract
- 2-3 cups of ice
Coconut whipped cream:
- Canned coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- Coconut nectar
- Melt the 80g of Crunchy Mint Chocolate into a large heatproof bowl and heat over a saucepan with water, ensuring the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
- Once the chocolate has melted, add the milk and stir, making sure that it does not boil. Add in the cacao powder and coconut nectar and stir to combine. Feel free to leave out the cacao powder and coconut nectar if the flavour is already strong enough.
- Remove from the heat and add in the peppermint oil (don’t add too much, just a small drizzle as the mint flavour of the chocolate should add enough).
- Let the hot chocolate cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the hot chocolate has completely cooled, transfer it to a high-speed blender. Add in the 2-3 cups of ice and blend on high until it thickens and resembles a “frappé”.
- Pour into serving glasses and top with plant-based ice cream, coconut whipped cream and garnish with mint. Serves 3-4 people. Enjoy!
And there you have it, guys! Loving Earth's mouth-watering festive recipe we know we're all going to be obsessed with over the holidays. If you give it a go, make sure to upload a pic of your dessert onto Instagram and tag both @boodyecowear and @loving_earth! We can't wait to see it.